Some reading and watching for those rainy days

willem

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Wanted to share some stuff, just for your enjoyment. Much of it motorcycle related, but not all.

An article on facebook behavior
I found it quite nice to read an explanation for my hatred towards narcissistic postings on FB and other social media

A nice article about types of pistons

Atlasrider's youtube channel
Been watching his Latin America 8-month motorcycle adventure the last few days. Pretty good stuff. You can also check out atlasrider.com

Long way round trailer
I downloaded the series, but here's the trailer. Loved it. There's also a sequel, the Long Way Down (northern UK to South Africa) which is nice but not as good I think.

Article on the future of 3D printing
I have some friends in the design industry, and one of them has his own business in 3D printing. Such amazing stuff. Over a 100 different base materials can now be used in 3D printing, did you know that?
Imagine the possibilities for adding mods to your xs400..

Video of the first ride of a custom chopper
some Dutch guy built this one himself. I'm usually not so into the choppers, but this is one heck of a build. I know most of you won't be able to read it, but you could check out the build thread for more pictures at the very least

Simplest home-made pizza recipe in the world:
Use tortillas (just those pre-made things) as base, cover with a simple tomato sauce (NOT ketchup, just get some plain non-concentrated tomato paste (passata) and add a little red pesto, or chopped garlic) and any of your favorite toppings: salami, pepperoni, blue cheese, pesto, even prawns, tuna, onions, anything you like and top off with some mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle some dried oregano and bake for 8 minutes at a high heat (425F or 220 C). Optionally, for extra freshness and gourmet style top it off with a little rocket (rucola) lettuce and freshly grated parmesan (or better: pecorino) cheese. Another option is to use some nice flavored oils (garlic oil!) on the edges to make it extra tasty. Make more than you will eat, and have some for breakfast the next day.

Oreo cheesecake balls recipe:
Combine 10 oreos (crushed) with 250g (1 cup) of cream cheese. Shape into small balls (about 1 inch big) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Melt 3 bars of white chocolate with crisped rice (easy tip: use a blowdryer on the hottest setting) and coat the cold balls in white chocolate. Refrigerate until chocolate is hardened and enjoy.

enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Guess I`ll be doing a lot of reading pretty soon we have some cold rainy weather coming to visit us up here in the Great lakes region over the next week.

Back