Something loose in my tank

SoulMan

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I am getting closer and closer to a start test and went to drain the two year old gas from this tank and found there was something sloshing around in there. I drained the tank and fushed this out.

20180721_234156.jpg

If I had to guess I would assume it is some sort of in tank fuel filter and as long as I have my inline fuel filter outside that I should be fine but I wanted to get your opinions. I also noticed some rust spots inside the tank .Is there really anything I can or should do about that?

That's the stock filter. Usually sits on top of the petcock inside the tank.
If it's in good shape and you think it'll stay in place I'd put it back in.

Minor rust I wouldn't bother doing anything about. Keep the tank full of gas and it won't spread.
Otherwise you could derust it and do a tank liner but it's hardly worth all the trouble unless you absolutely have to do it.

That's the stock filter. Usually sits on top of the petcock inside the tank.
If it's in good shape and you think it'll stay in place I'd put it back in.

Minor rust I wouldn't bother doing anything about. Keep the tank full of gas and it won't spread.
Otherwise you could derust it and do a tank liner but it's hardly worth all the trouble unless you absolutely have to do it.

Thanks. Sounds good to me. I will keep it as is for now with the filter off. I added an inline filter. So we will assume that is good enough.

Back