Something new for me

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
You guys got to check this out its my new helmet for this year.

Attachments

• Eagle flag helmet.jpg
    Eagle flag helmet.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 119
Well Drewpy if it helps we have Freighters from the UK passing through my city all summer.The big riveris actualy an international boundry between the U.S. and canada.We have freighters from about every country passing through.

Last edited:
Well Drewpy if it helps we have Freighters from the UK passing through my city all summer.The big riveris actualy an international boundry between the U.S. and canada.We freighters from about every country passing through.

cool, busy river then

What about white with the red maple leaf Also thought whats wrong with the stars and stripes that cymbles my countries patrism.Thats what makes this helmet so speacil not to mention our it national emblem is on also

I would prefer a hockey puck to a beaver (although a beaver is a little bit helmet shaped...)

Nothing wrong with showing your colours. But there are lots of different colours on this site, and Brits and Canadians tend to be a little more subtle with our flags... whereas Americans tend to be known for wearing their stars and stripes proudly. Nothing wrong with it, it just plays into a stereotype.

These are pretty universal but I got a set of leather pants today praticaly brand new just for doing some work on his puter.Id post pic and can if you want but Im sure you guys know what they look like.

Nice Skid lid would be a shame to lose some of those graffics. Keep it off the road. Almost made an ass of myself. Nearly accused you of bein a yooper when I red your big river as an international waterway. First thought was near The Sioux. Boy was I wrong! We go to Duluth Mn when she's up to it. Sure is interesting to see all the Internationally flagged ships visiting the port. Some for taconite or grain or package freight. We'd seen some Wind Generators from the Netherlands 1 year.

I have seen very many ships from the netherlands that were carriing windmill parts up to saginaw Mi.They have a huge wind turbin farm up there they build.The residents that live near them curse them case of wooshing sound that the props make.The also have about an hour north of me in the thumb region.Just keep am eye to the link I posted you`ll never know what you can see going through there.I do have access to vessel passage lso.

Last edited:
I've always been fascinated by Wind Generators. I almost put a small one up when we were thinking of building our home. There is 1 south of us in Elk River just grinding away and chopping seagulls. I stopped 1 day and I guess the swishing might be a problem with a larger number of them. I'm far from an Al Gore (flim flam man) greenie save the earth type but I'm Also a real tight wad when it comes to energy costs. I'd rather spend my hard earned money on things other than Lp or electric. Hell I even took out a perfectly good Lp fireplace and installed a corn / pellet stove for heat. Saved us a bundle over Lp in 3 years.

That ironic I thought about building a wind generator myself.
Similair topic but different method of genrating electricity.This company wanted to install generators on our river cause of the average current spped of 8mph.They got a grant and did a study,then built a generator and put it in the bottom of the river.The current ripped it to pieces.Us fishermen were in arms to stop this plan cause of the negative affects it would have on the fishing plus they wanted to install them along a seawall that was built for fishermen and funded by the fed.Tourism and fishing is the cities economy so Im glad it was stopped.Im not against using moving water for generation I lived where numerous hydropower dams were built and used for eletrical power.To install them on this river was a bad idea though.

I kinda like the thought of tidal type generators. But for something in a flowing commerce generating recreational area on a river like yours? What are they thinking?? There's better and less dangerous ways to make power than putting a fish grinder in that area. Minneapolis has a grand history of useing the Mississippi river for milling and Hydro power. We used to walk the river in the mill district. Heck even the now closed Ford plant on the river in St Paul was self supporting with it's power plant. We've got several natural falls areas where Generators Mills and lumber mills were built.

I suggested in a meeting with DNR and Blue water fishing club along with a couple members from the this electric company what they should do is build a canal up north of the Bluewater bridges make a minihydro power there.The people nodded their heads like yeah sounds like a good idea.never heard anything else after that.The spent 8 million on a study 2 years to do the study, took me a whole 2 minutes to think of this great idea.

Seems like common sense has a hard time when there's free big money involved. I almost started in on a political rant. Can't do that or I'll never shut up. Events of the past 12 years in our life has made me more politicaly cynical and angry.

Back