spanish xs400 cafe

He said that he got it from Germany,since they didn't sell them in Spain,and he liked the "super sexy" tires that came with it,but liked the Avons better as they were fatter.The rest was gobblegoop about how dirty the motor was and that he polished the motor,like a Harley. The welding was bad,but he bondoed it so it's all good.I lived on the border in Tx for about 15 years and took many trips to Mexico,Costa Rica,Guatemala,Belize,and El salvador.For that reason I learned Spanish by osmosis. lha

he seems to do great bondo, general body, and electrical work, but cant weld worth a damn. overall did a good job but considering that crappy welding, idk how i feel about it

Maybe he is welding with sticks and not a real welder. It certainly is ugly, but the parts he did don't really require much strength.

If one knows how to,an arc welder is very useful.I have a Lincoln 225 amp welder,and with the right "sticks"can do a good job of welding just about anything.I also have a flux wire welder and a torch for cutting and brazing,but don't use them nearly as much as the "stick" arc welder.With the right rod,you can weld thin metals,like a 1/16" mild steel rod for example.It is necessary to have control of the depth of the weld and the correct current. lha

that's all I know, Arc welding. Bought my machine new about 30 years old, is oil filled and weighs a ton. still going strong! :thumbsup:

Used it on the tracker!

Back