Speed Motor Company Headlight Kit

Rambo814

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally got my headlight kit installed. This kit came from Speed motor company (speedmotoco.com) and consisted of a headlight lens with an H3 halogen bulb and a black bucket, Emgo 3 hole universal headlight brackets, and a set of small turn signals. It was kinda pricey, being around $100 including shipping, but kind of beat all the alternatives I could find. Install went fairly well, had to bend the brackets a bit, but everything else went good. It seems to work pretty good and looks great, imo.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 213
Looks a lot better than the original, too. How were the wiring connections? Pretty straight forward?

Looks a lot better than the original, too. How were the wiring connections? Pretty straight forward?

Thanks!:thumbsup: Yeah, everything was pretty simple. Headlight was exactly the same. Turn signals were a little different. Mine had a ground that went under the turn signal mounting nut (assumed to be original). The new ones had 2 wires coming out of the signal itself. Just plugged the signal ground wire into the connector where the original grounds plugged in and the power wire in just as the original signal. The only thing was all of the new bullet connectors were a little smaller than original, so I just squeezed the females down a little. :bike:

Back