Wanted - Speedometer cable holder

Excess Impulse

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Looking for the rubber grommet that goes into the front fender to hold the speedometer cable. It's for a 1980 XS400 Ordered from local dealer. & bucks. Thank you kshansen for the link with part number!

Last edited:
Ordered one from local dealer!

Just on the chance someone does not know this, Yamaha has just about all parts books online.

Go to:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/home_parts.aspx

Then click on the Star Cycles link, I know an XS400 was not a Star when it was built but that is where the bikes are listed.
Unfortunately you will see "Discontinued" next to most parts but just having the original part number can help when doing a search online for someone selling old parts. I think Boats.net also has the parts books there too.

Besides looking up part numbers having the parts break-down to look at can answer many questions during assembly of that bike you took apart five years ago and are just getting around to putting it back together!

Just on the chance someone does not know this, Yamaha has just about all parts books online.

Go to:

Then click on the Star Cycles link, I know an XS400 was not a Star when it was built but that is where the bikes are listed.
Unfortunately you will see "Discontinued" next to most parts but just having the original part number can help when doing a search online for someone selling old parts. I think Boats.net also has the parts books there too.

Besides looking up part numbers having the parts break-down to look at can answer many questions during assembly of that bike you took apart five years ago and are just getting around to putting it back together!
Bookmarked that link! No I didn't even think to look for original parts from Yamaha, I always look at the aftermarket suppliers. The part numbers defiantly help when searching for the part. I have seen this part on other sites, prices vary wildly, but shipping alone was more than the part! Local dealer just ordered and I go pick up in a few days!

Bookmarked that link! No I didn't even think to look for original parts from Yamaha, I always look at the aftermarket suppliers. The part numbers defiantly help when searching for the part. I have seen this part on other sites, prices vary wildly, but shipping alone was more than the part! Local dealer just ordered and I go pick up in a few days!

Not sure of all dealers but sometimes if you are not in a hurry and tell them to put it on their next stock order there will be no incoming freight charges

Go to:

Good source, thank you!

Back