Speedometer

zonk39

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
'80 xs400 special. Okay was having problems getting speedometer open to screwplate back in. Took it off of frame. Hooked it back up, now its pegged at 80 mph even when not running. Any ideas on what I might have done? Tx alot, have a great day!

'80 xs400 special. Okay was having problems getting speedometer open to screwplate back in. Took it off of frame. Hooked it back up, now its pegged at 80 mph even when not running. Any ideas on what I might have done? Tx alot, have a great day!

You didnt plug them in on the wrong sides did you? The Tach is on the right, plugged into the top of the head, the MPH/KPH is plugged into the Left side, from the tire? If nothing is on, (engine not running, a gentle tap, could tell it to reset. (No Hammer)

You didnt plug them in on the wrong sides did you? The Tach is on the right, plugged into the top of the head, the MPH/KPH is plugged into the Left side, from the tire? If nothing is on, (engine not running, a gentle tap, could tell it to reset. (No Hammer)

No I have it plugged in to the right one. Thank you for the response. Have a great day!

Back