Trade - Spoked wheel trade and swingarm

iaregenius

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a set of spoked drum wheels that worked perfectly the last time i had it out before the tear-down. The original owner said they had been serviced recently but I haven't taken them apart to be sure.

I would like to see if anyone would be willing to trade for a set of mags with full disc brake setup. I feel the mags go with the look I'm trying to get better. If I could just find a disc compatible spoked wheel for the front I wouldn't need to do this but alas I cannot.

this is a full straight up trade, no money other than we cover eachother's shipping expenses. Brakes, lines, master cylinders.

Also I'm looking for a disc compatible swingarm if anybody has one.

DSC_5285.jpg

you will also need the forks to go with a front disk brake set up

I'm starting to think it's all just not worth the trouble right now. I kinda want to just do the cheapest conversion possible to discs (whether that's finding a spoked front disc wheel and leave the drum on back or do the mags). But as it stands right now I have a nearly functioning bike. Maybe I should just leave it for now.

My skills leave many thing to be desired so it's hard to know when I'm biting off more than I can chew :laugh:

after the season is over, mine will be available ;) but only if fubar doesnt want them

If Fubar doesn't want them I may take 'em. I'm kinda rethinking my strategy as well though. I like the look of the spoked wheels but I want a disc brake on the front. I think I found a 78 XS360 wire wheel with disc that should work.

Idk man i dont need the wheels. what else you got? i'm keep the dics setup to run.

Well, I'd be happy to take the wheels and swingarm off your hands. I don't have much in the way of trade it would seem. Are you running spoked discs in the front?

Spoked discs that work for a xs400 I've heard are extremely hard to find.

On that note, I fitted an xs750 front end to my '79 xs400 (has mag dual discs... if only I could find a left caliper...)

you just said if only I could find a left caliper.

I gave you the answer, whether you can get it for free, I don't know :D

Do you still have the spoked rims? I have the disk front and drum rear mags. Would be willing to trade if you are up for it. Let me know.

Back