spotted this headlight for my project

redratbike

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
whilst window shopping for bits i spotted this ...not sure if its too much but def. different

what do you guys think... do you think its FUGLY? (work it out ..lol :D )

!C!,Hr,!B2k~$(KGrHqMOKkMEzJ3QHtSlBNC1r0n8IQ~~_12.JPG

It is a cool design, clean work. I would not think it would be good on a Brat or Bobber unless your gave it a scotch brite finish. It would be interesting on a cafe bike as it sits.
It would set the bike out in the crowd. I also like the yellow tint as it makes it look like an eyeball.

still thinking flat tracker sort of style but really cant make up my mind

bought these at the weekend as well..picked them up from a local guy..he's 70 and had them on his first bike so they are about 50 years old ..really nice patina ..

$(KGrHqYOKpME3tfpzupFBOBMMPHSCw~~_12.JPG

Dig the pipes!!! I can't see that light on a Flat Tracker. It is too art deco in my opinion. I always thought of a number plate and box it in, then put two rectangular lights in it with mesh in front of them and mesh along the bottom of the back to draw air through, I would put most my electronics in it as well....that would completely sell the Flat track look and clean up the bike. That idea is on my bucket list, but has been there a long time.

yeah ..i like the light but as you say its not a flat tracker look

keep look at this number board ..guy i know his dad moulds these as well as some cafe racer seat units but not a flat track seat ...was thinking of a small diameter light in a cut out

f2db_12.JPG

those pipes are wierd, but cool. can't think what they are off though!

not sold on the lamps either, cyclops springs to mind!

those pipes are wierd, but cool. can't think what they are off though!

not sold on the lamps either, cyclops springs to mind!

the pipes are aftermarket ones but very old..yeah the lamp in ebay called cyclops..lol

i like it better upside down

I don't know why but I really like the looks of that lamp. I think if the shell was painted to match or compliment the bike it would look even more sweet!

P.S. After turning my laptop upside down I agree, that lamp looks even better upside down. Buy it IMO and worst case scenario save it for a different bike because it's is very cool.

I don't know why but I really like the looks of that lamp. I think if the shell was painted to match or compliment the bike it would look even more sweet!

P.S. After turning my laptop upside down I agree, that lamp looks even better upside down. Buy it IMO and worst case scenario save it for a different bike because it's is very cool.

yep i think it would look better painted as you say "buy it" ..then i can try it and put it on a shelf for a different project if it doesn't work...

just curious, how much would one of those number plates run? in us dollars before shipping? cuz i just got a yamaha AT2 125, and i now feel like it needs one of those

just curious, how much would one of those number plates run? in us dollars before shipping? cuz i just got a yamaha AT2 125, and i now feel like it needs one of those

ebay.Item number: 170667817407 comes to £19 which converts to

19.00 GBP = 30.9702 USD
British Pound US Dollar
1 GBP = 1.63001 USD

but i could collect as the guy only lives 5 miles away so would be :

15.00 GBP = 24.4488 USD then what ever to post to you which shouldn't be a lot as it cant weigh a lot

let me know and i'll get on the case:thumbsup:

my only concern is the mounting points, and the width of it, im sure a late model CB500 is not the same center to center as an old yamaha 125. lol. im sure with that price, he would make a killing if he just made a general purpose one for older jap bikes. ppl would snatch them right up. garuntee it. if the specs are close enough, ill just wing it, and if nothing mounts up, ill just use wire ties. lol

Back