Start of a long process

Sussex, for now I have the brace removed. I still have it and if need be I will put it on. I haven't rode it yet and I will let you know how it rides without the brace as soon as I wrap a few things up.

Yeah bud, let me know. I've thought about chopping it down.. Just unsure where I'm really sitting with this thing for the time being. Might be a dumb question, but you think I could just chop that thing down so its an inch or two long and run it like that? I was just gonna rip the thing off till I read up on that whole wobble of death jazz

It's hard to say, these bikes were designed in the 70's-80's by an engineer that is probably smarter than us. Any chopping and modifications could seriously alter the handling of the bike. With that being said I would try putting around with the brace off and see how it feels before you chop it and ride at high speeds.

Wow man, I'm impressed. Finding parts to fit my goal has been a nightmare for my build. I'm looking to make a 2-1 exhaust. what did you use for the joint pipe?

I bought a MAC 2 into 1 exhaust on eBay about a year ago. The position of the muffler was conflicting with my rear sets so I did some cutting and got it to fit nicely inbetween my rearsets and back tire.

image.jpeg
Here is the best picture that I have of the back of the frame. It shows the brace that I was previously talking about.

Well the fender acts as a simple fork brace. It still doesn't do a great job as it allows some flex, but it is better than nothing. If you remove the fender, something needs to go across the lower tubes as a brace. Tarozzi makes one that bolts right on and is worth every penny. It allows the fender and dust caps to still be used as well.

It makes a very noticeable difference in front end feel.

http://www.fastfromthepast.com/25-0017

I removed my fender but didn't notice any different feel to the bike, but I'm not that familiar with it I suppose.

Thanks for that, this is good stuff to know.

The things pretty sweet looking! I stumbled across a bike online that has a stubby fender, and I fell in love. Any dollar spent towards getting rid of that dented chrome eyesore sitting between those front legs is a dollar very well worth it. You have any other treasure trove websites stashed away on your end? I'm always looking to spend frivolous money... It's either the bike or the strippers, and those she devils are starting to know me by name :thumbsup:

Today I spent some time and got the foam for my seat formed. I then procededed to make a prototype seat cover out of a green camo frog pattern. The last picture is a picture of my practice sewing and the leather and thread that I will be using for my final seat cover.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back