started school

nickg

XS400 Member
Reaction score
i just started college and am kinda disappointed how simple it is, the pace they are teaching is ridiculous, i could read it faster than they teach it, i think we get through like 2-3 pages in the book in a couple periods, and they dont even cover all the material in it. i thought this was going to be a little harder and faster paced. although i am glad its not, just makes it easier to get A's. thankfully these core classes are only for a few months, im sure it will get better once i get out of the class room and back on the aircraft. i am going to school for associates in aviation maintenance and A&P cert. ive done sheetmetal and composite work on helicopters for the past 5 and 1/2 years too.

College is often like that. i went for 17 years (mostly part time, so actually 7 or 8 years total2 for my assoc. The rest for the BA.), and i learned that if you really want to understand a subject, it's up to you. The best thing about college is that it brings like minded people tigether so they can work together to learn more than the class will teach you. Hang out with your classmates and professors and geek out on whatever's the topic at hand. You'll learn things that aren't in the syllabus ... and usually make some great friends.

Posted via Mobile

exactly how I felt as well - which was why my first year was mostly filled with doing 'extracurriculars' (like parties, hanging with my girl and doing all kinds of stuff). It never got super hard, but it did get a little more interesting as I went along. Finishing up now, starting a job in a few weeks.

Yea just try to enjoy all the other things as well, and as nate said, if you wanna really learn, you'll have to rely on yourself and have the discipline and drive to gather the knowledge, rather than to pass exams

Back