stock needle clip position for 79

CDNTX650

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am rebuilding a set of 79 2f carbs. Canadian bike. Not sure if that matters. I have them set to the middle position, groove 3 from top. Is that stock? Or is it 4?

If you went to a 360 carb you would think your in heaven:) They have side idle mix screws. No taking tanks off for adjustment.

Update and fyi. Canadian needles are definetly not the same. Stock 2f, carb wise and mufflers. Needle says 5x1 i think, but they are on onea richer clip position than the middle position that was reccomended. Which is where they were set when i checked them in the first place...i thought they were changed richer by a p.o.. bike is and excellent runner now.

My 360's side idle mix screws are great. :)

I believe there were some slight changes to the carbs on the 360s sold north of the border. Might be small differences in later models as well.

Apparently BS34s on Canadian 360s came with adjustable slide needles, where those sold south of the border did not.

All I know is what the manual says for u.s. models. My 79 2-F was set at the third clip from the factory and ran good. However a few years ago I did change it to the forth to lower the head temps a bit. Every bike is different and elevation also plays a part in how a bike runs.

Attachments

• DSC02734.jpg
    DSC02734.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 133
Back