stuck pilot jets

only

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone ever had success getting out pilot jets that are stuck? this one is a booger and im starting to round out the slot. the pilot jet is now soaking in WD40 and hopefully will budge later. if not, its ez out time, and if that doesnt work i guess ill have to try out my CV32s:(

the green one called LD?

vergasersystem.jpg

pb blaster got mine out when it was stuck. i also slightly rounded mine. seemed to work better when i didnt push "in" too hard with the driver while turning. good luck.
Mike

Another trick is to give it some tightening pressure to break it loose, then back it out.
Also, get the best fitting screwdriver tip you can. Sacrifice a tip by grinding it to fit as best as you can.

ill try tightening it a bit to break it free. also applying some heat. if no go, ill have to break out the left-handed drillbits and extractors:(

applied heat, got it to break loose a bit tightening, but my screwdriver will not grab loosening:( its too boogered up. either i can hammer a tiny torx into it and hope it twists out, or resort to drilling:(

Can't use a dremel when they're recessed into those holes. Grinding the tip on a screwdriver to fit the slot usually does the trick. Maybe not now that they are already messed up though. Good luck with getting it out! I hope they come out without too much more work.

in pricing lefthanded bits and ezouts, i think im just going to take them to a carb shop tomorrow and hope they can get it out. at that point, i can take a cue from Drewpy and get them cleaned in an ultrasonic and be done with it.

I was taught, job comes first, tools come last, So I always sacrifice tools by modding them for a job.

Back