Swede and his XS400 introducing themselves

Herr_man

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello dear enthusiasts! I got my first lil' Yamaha XS400 a month ago and it's been pretty modified already, but I want to learn as much as I can and I want to fix some things as I go.
What do you guys think? First order of business is to make a decent seat. Any suggestions?

Nice to meet you all :)

Attachments

• XS400.jpg
    XS400.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 352
Looks like a lot has been done already. As for the seat, just get it recovered:shrug:

Welcome to the forum! Bike looks good. I think the seat could look good with just a touch more padding and a new cover! You should work to relocate the battery or dwnsize it or both, cause you'd have a beautiful little "window" through the frame

Welcome to the forum! Bike looks good. I think the seat could look good with just a touch more padding and a new cover! You should work to relocate the battery or dwnsize it or both, cause you'd have a beautiful little "window" through the frame
Where could the battery possible go?
I am just adding a few more layers of sleeping pad material and I got some "fake" leather that I will cover it with. It is based on a metal layer so I am thinking of buying some leather-metal-glue to attach the seat cover.

Where could the battery possible go?

Just tossing my .02 in. If you went with a small AGM battery, or even better go with an LiFe battery. Crazy light weight. Like this EVO2 4 Cell Battery

At 6x6x10cm it may be hide-able elsewhere. IDK if the tank tunnel is that wide. If it was...:thumbsup: And of course with that type of battery you can put it on it's side tucked on the bottom of the seat pan, and it would only protrude down a few cm from the frame.

Yes - 06ccdmax beat me to it! Check out drewpy's battery setup - perhaps he'd kind enough to post a pic of where he placed his NEW tiny battery! This will undoubtedly require SOME rewiring, but I think it will improve the aesthetic the PO was going for consiiderably (unless you have side covers you can install, which would hide the battery where it cureently is)

Now I'm off to find how Drewpy did his...:)

Edit: His hide works perfectly. Only issue with his bike is Drewpy's is under the back of the seat, and Herr_man does not have a raised rear portion to hide it under. But if you can score a battery like that and don't want electric start you're golden. The one in the link I posted will crank her over no problems.

its really small though, make a tiny steel box and matt paint it to hide it like magicians do for their tables :D

tjulululu!

kul att se en annan svensk! :thumbsup:

I think its allready nice looking bike!
Whats the plans for it?

tjulululu!

kul att se en annan svensk! :thumbsup:

I think its allready nice looking bike!
Whats the plans for it?

First of all I am fixing the seat: I'm using the existing sleeping pads and then I got a cheap foam mattress that I cut to the same size, then I plan to wrap all that in some fake leather.
I have to get a second break light and add some small mirrors. Does anyone have any ideas for mirrors that go with the tracker style?

Back