the correct carb rebuild kit

panzer

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
can anyone link me up to a good carb rebuild kit for my xs360?

having trouble finding one.

eeeehhhhhto.... You have mikuni bs-34's yes?
Plastic or brass floats?
Float valve needle has a little "plunger" on the back or not?
Post pics.

im not 100% sure what i have, I'll post some pictures tomorrow, brass floats though

yeah ive seen them, i just dont know which to order :banghead:
guess it comes down to what carbs i have, i will post some pictures

19knbn.jpg

ynvaw.jpg

not my actual carb, found these on the net, but this is the exact carb i have, i ahve seen some with different choke setups, and different throttle setups, but this set is identical. if anyone can help me identify these, point me in the direction of a complete rebuild kit that would be awesome.

You could try a yamaha dealer. They are not the same bs34's found in the 400's They look more like the bs38's found on the xs650's

So I just picked up a couple of rebuild kits for my XS 360. I know I may be late on this but will post any way. turns out it uses a lot of the same components as the xs750 triple. Only parts I couldnt use were the main needle and thats it really. Also the main jet may be a bit to big, think its a 145, I use a 140

The jets will be the wrong sizes, the needle will likely be the wrong type. Mixture screw might be all right, but the rest should be all right.
Do you need to replace everything?

Edit: I see a couple keyster kits on eBay. I think they're supposed to be all right. One lists the wrong pilot jet though.

Last edited:
I think i only need the gasket (and also the one is on the side of the carb) , where can i find the right ones for my carbs?

xs750 carb kit will get you everything you need except for a new needle and the jet is too big, so you'll have to reuse the needle and jets. A Yamaha dealer can get you the xs750 carb kits, or online. If a rebuild kit doesn't work for you chances are you'll be best off with a new/reman carb

Unless a part is damages or worn down, I don't see why a rebuild kit is necessary. Clean, clean, clean.

Sometimes the float needle can get worn, sometimes people damage the idle mixture screw, and sometime the throttle shaft holes get egg shaped, but the repair bushings aren't part of the rebuild kit anyway. Jets don't wear out. Don't do damage them removing then and they'll be fine forever. As for the float gasket, gasket paper, scissors, an Exacto and a hole punch.

...and even if you get a rebuild kit, the key is the cleaning anyway and a carb kit doesn't help with that.

Back