thought i'd introduce myself.....

dongrady

dbgrady
Reaction score
i'm from halifax ns, and i have a stock '82 xs 400 heritage as well as a mid-build custom82 special

Attachments

• 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 287
  • xs 400 chop project 023.jpg
    xs 400 chop project 023.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCF2909.jpg
    DSCF2909.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 286
it's v vinyl cover that came on one of my part's bikes. i didn't like it at first, but it grew on me. i think it suits the look of this bike quite well.

the plan for the bobber is to go back to points to minimize wiring and wire it from scratch. i now have the speedo mounted in the center where the ignition used to be.
i have some high density foam and 4 way stretch vinyl for the seat. i'm in the process of making gussets for all area's where the frame was modified. i still need to work out my forward controls also.(open to diy idea's here!!). the main goal is to do as much of the work as possible myself.

Attachments

• DSCF2910.jpg
    DSCF2910.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 263
i'm not painting till i ride it so i know i won't be making chances but i do want it as clean looking as possible. i think the final paint will black and flat black, not quite sure of the exact details yet. my points plate showed up yesterday, so the wiring will begin soon.

pulled the motor last night to finish the welding on the frame and paint. will post pics as the work progresses. i'm not sure wether to rattle can the frame or brush. i've seen some REALLY nice brush jobs in my area, and i think this might be more durable. any thoughts???

I've seen hammerite brushed on really well, but they do that in spray cans to get a more even finish.

i was gonna offer my stock ones. there off my 79 and they dont have the reflectors. i just want them gone, lol let me know if you dont go woth those aftermarket ones. speaking of which, what kind are you thinking of using?

i was going to get a set from my local shop, not sure of the brand. we might be able to help each other, did u ever get the crank case u needed? if not i'd go for the shipping cost and the shocks(shipped). this should bring the cost to u down???

Back