Throttle cable

vfost

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So this weekend i took a trip to a rally in watkins glen ny and had my throttle cable break on me. I have been looking up a replacement one online and find the cheapest one to be at z1enterprises.com. However i have had trouble in the past with things not being the right part for the right year. Does this link look like the right cable for a 80 xs400 special? I looked it up by clicking on the links for my bike but like i said i have had troubles in the past. Also i measured the tube length and it is 40" inlcuding the curved end piece. on that page it says it is 44.75" long and has 3" of play max. With my tube being 40" that gives 4.75" of play.

i have the throttle cable for an XS1100 on mine. NOS, and it cost about $7 shipped. :)
anything should work make sure the ends are the same. i just re-routed mine along the backbone and stuff to make up for the length

So i got the throttle cable today and put it on and it seems to be working good didnt even have to go a different route and it fits up fine.

When i took the tank off however i went to pull the vacuum hose off of the right side carb boot and the little brass barb came out with it. i notice it looks like it was glued in. Would some crazy glue be able to stand up to the heat to put it back in?

Back