Throttle tube!!

81xs400sfttailbbr

81xs400sfttailbbr
Reaction score
Hey all...i recently got new grips for my 81 and the throttle side is really short and the throttle tube shows! Do they have aftermarket throttle tubes for our bikes if so where can i get one and what kinda is best? thanks

This is what it looks like
IMG_20170118_191012.jpg

Those look like very small grips. With the stock ones my hand covers the entire thing. Are those for a full size motorcycle?

Cutting the inner plastic tube won't hurt anything but it does make for a smaller grip for your hand. Personally I like the stock grips as it has flares at either ends to keep your hands in place and great grip rubber.

To get the grip off apply the tip of an air gun between the grip and the tube....Should slide off pretty easy.

I have three, One oem with grip $18 shipped. One oem without grip $14 shipped. One looks to be the correct size but maybe from an older yamaha bike and doesn't have the locking ribbing on it. $12 shipped.
DSC03704.JPG

Thanks xschris. I superglued my tube back together but maybe ultimately I will replace it. I have some cleanup of glue on the inside of the tube to do so that it slides smoothly over the bar and rotates freely while on the bar. If I do decide to replace it I will reach out. Thanks again!

Back