tracker jets sorted

drewpy

Excess twin
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share my final settings for my tracker, which I've finally got sorted;

shortened 2 in 1 exhaust with 2.5" baffle

DOHC carbs fitted to sohc engine and narrowed to fit

emgo filters using intake tubes

float height right side = 21.16mm
left side = 21.51

pilot # 50 with 1.5 turns pilot screw from bottom
mains 142.5

ticks over sweet and accelerates smoothly with no surging on a trailling throttle :bike:

Any popping on decel? I am running stock intake and emgo shorty mufflers on stock headers, sohc carbs, etc.

3 turns on screws
26mm float
45 pilot
150 mains

I still get popping on decel, but it seems to run very well otherwise. Since I am probably going with the same intake setup I might have to try similar settings.

no popping bc, smooth running like I said. Don't forget I'm using the dohc carbs, plastic floats!

Sounds like a proper racer now!

@xs400neo cheers man, i just used the info I posted on tuning the CV carbs.

I got the best top end accel using the mains, then tuned the pilot by raising float height 1mm to see if it improved ( it did) so i upped the pilot and lowered the float height back down and backed off the pilot mix screw and reset it to 1.5 turns from 1/2 a turn initially!

drewpy you said you used the DOHC plastic floats..

now im wonderin if i have the stock carb set on my bike, i have a sohc 81' special and mines got black plastic floats.. not the brass ones like most guys on here
:confused:

drewpy you said you used the DOHC plastic floats..

now im wonderin if i have the stock carb set on my bike, i have a sohc 81' special and mines got black plastic floats.. not the brass ones like most guys on here
:confused:

I said I was using the DOHC carbs, which have plastic floats. Your '81 would be about right.

Mikuni would develop their carbs as time went on and production/costs improved!

well the weather was beautifull today so got the tracker out for a shake down run.

Fan-bloody-tastic :thumbsup: give it some welly on the dual carrage way and was hard to keep my head up, looked down and it was doing 80 yippee, sorted,

every time I stopped at the lights, people walking over the road to talk to me and car windows wound down, cool or what.

as you can tell, I'm pretty stoked ATM

That's a good feeling to have. I had a car that I put a lot of work in to and people were practically jumping out of their cars at red lights to ask what it was. How does it handle?

not pushed it too much on the bends, but so far it feels great. point and squirt with this one.
I need new rear shocks though as those cheapy ones are not brilliant

Back