Tread Depth

Old Mose

Daily Rider
Reaction score
I've looked around for advice about thread depth and when to replace tires but couldn't find anything. Can someone tell me what professionals consider unsafe tread depth? I ride my motorcycle everyday if it isn't raining or the weatherman says it is absolutely going to rain, or it's just to cold for my old bones. No snow or ice to deal with.

i am pretty sure parts of Georgia shut down last year over 2 inches of snow... lol:laugh:

You are absolutely right! Even though I live in middle Georgia we do on occasion get snow and ice. In 1973 we got almost 2 feet of snow in an afternoon and night. I suppose anything can happen but I don't think I will ever get caught out in it!

... In 1973 we got almost 2 feet of snow in an afternoon and night ...
lol - your town is probably better able to deal with weather events than are the big centres.
Last Jan, we made it through Atlanta a day and a half before it was shut down by the Polar Vortex.

Wait 'till the "Fall Line" gets finished. It will bring you all kinds of folks who don't know how to drive if a city sweeper truck hasn't cleared the way for them within hours of their venturing out. They will see to it that you too can be shut down by a skiff of snow.

What really amazed most of us was that people just sat around in their offices in the Atlanta area and waited for someone to tell them to go home. Nobody sent them a text message so they just sat there staring at their smartphones until it was too late to go home. Many people are completely devoid of common sense and it would seem a lot of them live in the Atlanta area!

Back