Turn flasher location?

Rags

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's in the frame under the tank. What happened is I changed turn signals to aftermarkets and now they don't flash. They're not LEDs.

The flasher relay is in the frame, directly above the engine. The tank and upper engine mount have to be removed before you can lube up your hand and get in there. You will not be able to reach in and see at the same time.

It might be easier to install brighter turn signals that put more load on the flasher relay. Maybe brighter bulbs are available? ~20W per bulb is required.

The flasher relay is in the frame, directly above the engine. The tank and upper engine mount have to be removed before you can lube up your hand and get in there. You will not be able to reach in and see at the same time.

It might be easier to install brighter turn signals that put more load on the flasher relay. Maybe brighter bulbs are available? ~20W per bulb is required.
That was my assessment but I needed someone to back it up before I removed the engine mount. I'm gonna try the bulbs first though. THX!!

Back