Two Connecting Links

Arclight88

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
It took a moment to register in my brain, and that was when it hit me like a ton of bricks. Can you believe one of the POs actually did this to his motorcycle and expected it to have high reliability?

Is there a statue of limitations on stupidity?

Just never do this to your machine and sell it someone else, if for no other reason than it looks so bad.

Attachments

• Chain.jpg
    Chain.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 122
That doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen much worse! Like a doorbell for a starter button and 14ga solid copper wire (think romex) hacked into the wiring harness. Stuff like that doesn't surprise me anymore. It could be a lot worse than two master links. I might do it in a pinch. :eek: Maybe it was a temporary fix that they forgot about?

That doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen much worse! Like a doorbell for a starter button and 14ga solid copper wire (think romex) hacked into the wiring harness. Stuff like that doesn't surprise me anymore. It could be a lot worse than two master links. I might do it in a pinch. :eek: Maybe it was a temporary fix that they forgot about?

Your right, Travis. And I did not intend to sound self righteous (a thousand pardons!) I should have included a few smiley faces with that rant because I intended to register more humor than outrage. It quite possibly was a temp fix that got left in place.

:wink2:

It took a moment to register in my brain, and that was when it hit me like a ton of bricks. Can you believe one of the POs actually did this to his motorcycle and expected it to have high reliability?

Is there a statue of limitations on stupidity?

Just never do this to your machine and sell it someone else, if for no other reason than it looks so bad.

I can believe it. The 2 joint/spring clips are facing 2 different directions of rotation :confused:

xschris, I remember skippi. Now that was some hacked together shit.

Arclight88, yeah i didn't catch that. A couple of these :D would have done the trick! :)

I've always been a firm believer that you should have to take a test before buying a tool. That would weed out the hacks and riggers. I don't think some people understand what lethal means when they bodge stuff together. Now for my next trick, I'm gonna use JB Weld, beer cans, and some radiator clamps to finish my frame.:yikes:

Back