valves tool

tonitrophy

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I built a tool to press the valves springs, here is my small contribution:
5644129001_9faf332755.jpg
5644164999_e843ffd3b4_m.jpg
5644134707_c793c5d1e2_m.jpg
5644126905_8e21ca0589_m.jpg

This was a "need somethin quick" job but she gets the job done. Had to reinforce the cup with some hot MIG wire :thumbsup:

full
[/IMG]

full
[/IMG]

I've got 3 different valve spring compressors,one big "banjo"type,one overhead type,and one flathead style.I went to a flea mkt with my wife,and there was a guy with a table full of "stuff",looking around,I found 2 old valve grinders.They are like old egg beaters,where you turn a handle,and the tool laps the valves.Even has valve seat cutters,to cut the valve seats.I got 2 machines for $5.00. lha

Are you a lucky man!. As I wanted to quickly remove weekend, I did not borrow the tool at my car mechanic (if broken, would have to buy it a new tool) here in Spain is rare to find such tools at a flea market. Usually pass from father to son, I myself I have tools from my grandfather. The clip already had and old plumbing parts, cut and ready to drive. Greetings

So,you live in espana,I lived many years on the frontera mexicana,spent lots of time in Mexico,Guatamala,Belize,Columbia,Uraguay,other places where spanish is spoken.The valve grinders are old,maybe 1930's-1940's,and the person didn't know what they were,said $5.00,I saw another exactly like the one in my hand,he said take both,so I got two grinders/lappers for $5.00.Just lucky,and a lot of young people don't value things of the past,like me,ha,ha,ha. lha:bike:

Back