What to do?

87cody

87cody
Reaction score
Picked up this 400 about a month ago and spent some time cleaning painting and polishing. I purchased it as somthing to mess around with and possibly build into a hardtail bobber thats small enough my 5' girlfriend could ride it. Now that it is cleaned up im a little torn on chopping it up.... I really like the look of the pan seat bobbers with a few inch stretch and now im torn between using the stock shocks and extending the swingarm or hardtailing it or keeping it stock (taking the cut-off wheel to it is gonna hurt a little)

Attachments

• Photo0272.jpg
    Photo0272.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Photo0273.jpg
    Photo0273.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Photo0271.jpg
    Photo0271.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Photo0270.jpg
    Photo0270.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 130
If the bike is for your girlfriend I'd ask what she likes; show her photos of bobbers and hard tails and see if she even cares. Getting her out riding with you will depend on whether she likes how the bike looks and feels. In my experience women tend to care more about comfort than style, but both are important.

I like what's been done to it already; it looks clean.

Thank you, it was a mess when I picked it up. It appeared the kid was using it as a dirtbike and before that it sat in a barn for many years. She really likes the bobber look, hard tail pan seat style so that is probably what I will end up doing, most likely a kit from Travis and a single backbone.

Travis makes some nice kits; just look through a few of his threads on here. The man knows how to build stuff!

Back