Where can i locate Parts for Carbs?

xsbrat

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally was able to hear my engine start for about 2 seconds today via carb cleaner! But carbs need a little work. I noticed one float had holes in it and also was missing a gasket for the float covers..any idea where i could find a float and gasket for this? Stock carbs 81 xs400
Thanks in advance. i hope to have this thing on the road in the next two weeks! Pictures will follow!

To clean the carb you shouldn't have to replace any parts except gaskts and o-rings,available at any Yamaha shop and aftermarket as well.I actually" boil" out the carbs in an old crock pot with a cracked top[repaired].Just break down enough to open up the small passages.add water and a little soap,simple green or Dawn or whatever.Then turn on high for about 1 hour,then on low.It comes out dirty water,clean carb then rinse with water,then carb cleaner. lhaolpa

Hey guys, I finally was able to hear my engine start for about 2 seconds today via carb cleaner! But carbs need a little work. I noticed one float had holes in it and also was missing a gasket for the float covers..any idea where i could find a float and gasket for this? Stock carbs 81 xs400
Thanks in advance. i hope to have this thing on the road in the next two weeks! Pictures will follow!
I just ordered some rebuild parts from a company in Ontario Canada called Sirius Consolidated.

http://www.siriusconinc.com/

The owner or parts guy happens to have an XS400 and knows his stuff. His name is Chris.

I asked him to put together some parts for my carbs and he even went so far as to pull his own air screws to make sure they were the same. He couldn't get the screws but confirmed that a slightly blunted tip is normal. He even has diaphrams avail.

I have yet to recieve the parts, just shipped today, but he was great to deal with. If everything fits I will be a very happy customer.

Back