Where might I find/order touch-up paint?

I like them as they are!

potato_chips.jpg

No factory touch-up available. Some folks have taken their bike to an auto parts store and tried to match from available colors. Since our paint is old and has been subjected to sun, it is most likely faded and original paint wouldn't match. I'm in the same boat but haven't yet tried a match. There is a firm in PA (see link below) that has the original factory formulas but the price is about $25 for a small jar plus S&H. Last time I had touch-up paint shipped from a dealer it had to come special UPS delivery since it is classed as hazardous material!. Give me a break!

http://www.cyclecolor.com/index.htm

Great link OliverB! I was listening to the audio on the page and they mention color codes and color code locations on the bike (where I might find the bike's color info). Does that exist for xs400 series?

Ah ... but I don't know which color code applies to my bike. I've posted one photo and one photo only. That's my bike color. What should I do next?

full

looking at the german site its super red SUR :shrug: not sure there's anything else unless you contact Yamaha with your VIN

Back