Which brake piston?

levdir

Rounded bolt brigade
Reaction score
To my dismay, I discovered this evening that my front brake piston is leaking. I rebuilt the caliper a couple months ago and haven't been able to ride yet, but it looks like I get to rebuild again. Parts n' More lists a front piston compatible with 77-79 XSs, but mine's an 81. Further, the part number PnM lists Googles as a Honda part, and Mike's doesn't have a part to cross-reference against. Will PnM's piston fit my caliper?

Is your piston damaged at all?

I can't say for sure that PnM's will fit but if you do need to replace it get some measurements from your piston and compare it to Mike's.
The website only lists it for 77-84 650s but it is compatible with more models. Ordered the same part from xs650direct and it matches my rusted XS360 piston perfectly.

I did look at parts n more but went with xs650direct because Mike provided more measurements and I was ordering other parts too.

I suspect it might be. There were a couple tiny surface flaws when I pulled it out the first time and I thought they'd be fine but now I'm suspicious, and I don't like being suspicious re: brakes.

Back