Will not start when cold

The enricher operating rod has detent holes drilled into it and there is a small steel ball backed with a spring in a recess in each carb that locate in the operating rod detents to hold enricher in the off/half/full positions. The small balls and springs are probably missing as if you don't know they are there when stripping the carb down they are easily lost. If you need some, the balls and springs are still available from Yamaha:

ball - P/N 93501-08001-00
spring - P/N 583-14589-00-00

One of each is needed for each carb.
thanks for that.i ment to say .it was working but then gradually stopped.ive had the carbs off several times but never touched the enricher assembly. is the bearings probably worn ?

This thread got me thinking about starting my 78 up. It's been like 2 months and the battery was low (11.8 v), though it is 47 deg. F, so not crazy cold. It took quite a lot of charging and cranking and no to 1/2 to full choke combos to get her running. I might need to pull carbs too because once warmed and idling, I'd get an intermittent miss and stumble. Ah, the joys of classic bike ownership!

ment to say.got the enricher fixed.the small ball bearing had worn down to half its size. new 3mm bearing fitted .it's working great now.real nuisance getting it in.
also the enricher rode on mine only had 3 indent holes.there was no holes on the rode for the right hand side carb or spring and bearing t.but the choke on both sides works as it should .

also the enricher rode on mine only had 3 indent holes.there was no holes on the rode for the right hand side carb or spring and bearing t.but the choke on both sides works as it should .
hi my friend. me again. lol.having a slight electrical issue. with the lights and indicators on .the indicators are drawing current from the lights. any ideas .is it a bad connection or earth.thanks in advance.

Back