Wire connector question

MichaelOB

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what connects to this empty wire connector? Please and thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpeg
    IMG_0473.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 25
I think that is the connector that goes to the self-cancelling signal unit. It's a longish, rectangle "black box" under the signal flasher. It takes a signal from the speedometer to determine if your speed is increasing, and if so cancels the turn signal relay.

Attachments

• 20240504_071546.jpg
    20240504_071546.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 18
I think that is the connector that goes to the self-cancelling signal unit. It's a longish, rectangle "black box" under the signal flasher. It takes a signal from the speedometer to determine if your speed is increasing, and if so cancels the turn signal relay.

Thank you for your help. I’m not sure what I’m looking at in the pic you sent me it’s so close. Sorry. And when you mention it’s under the turn signal I’m not even sure we are looking in the same area. I sent a pic of a empty wire connector that I saw dangling above the carburetor. I took off my gas tank and pushed the connector up as far as I could to get a good pic of the connector.
I think I found online what your referring to but Im not positive because I don’t know what it is. I am new at this and I’m trying to wrap my mind around a relay that senses your speed to cancel out a blinker? I’ve had a bike before and I remember having to turn off my turn signal myself.
I ordered a xs400d Manual but I’m not sure it’s going to educate me on this connector. I suppose I can purchase one and see what it does… I’m not even sure why it’s missing yet.
Thank you for responding and your help. Very nice👍🏼

I took that picture from the right side of the bike looking under the gas tank. The blurry black ribbed hose is the air tube to the carburetor which is out of focus aluminum bit in the top right of the photo. Basically the under side of the same area of your photo.

Ok. I really appreciate you pointing out what is what. I ordered one but it won’t be here for awhile. Meanwhile I have other things I’m working on.
You described this part I’m after well… I’m just trying to make sense of this missing part. Can you tell me what happens to the bike when the part is missing? How will the bike function? Or not function?
Thanks for your help👍🏼

I took that picture from the right side of the bike looking under the gas tank. The blurry black ribbed hose is the air tube to the carburetor which is out of focus aluminum bit in the top right of the photo. Basically the under side of the same area of your photo.

Back