Won't rev past 5k ish. Any advice?

brummimatt

XS400 Newbie
Reaction score
hi all

First post on here, massive petrol head, always been into my cars but recently got myself an XS400 and I'm sold on two wheels!!

Pics below of the bike which is my pride and joy. Just got a running issue I'd like some help diagnosing.

The symptoms:
Bike won't Rev past around 5k, just stutters and won't Rev further. Also a little lumpy and underpowered up to that range as well. Same in gear and out of gear.

bike has electronic ignition if that helps.

Any advice would be great!

Glad to be part of the forum and let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 309
Bloody old thread but thought i would update. This turned out to be some melon forgetting to put the jet plugs back in the carbs. Made some new ones out of rubber and runs fine again. Only change since then is some upswept cans to give a little more clearance in the corners. Bike still going strong!

Bloody old thread but thought i would update. This turned out to be some melon forgetting to put the jet plugs back in the carbs. Made some new ones out of rubber and runs fine again. Only change since then is some upswept cans to give a little more clearance in the corners. Bike still going strong!

Nice looking ride!

What brake set up is on the front of that? would love to get a bigger rotor on mine.

Back