XS360, 400 service manuals attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
A genuine service manual will have all the same info (plus a whole lot more) than the owners manual. The owners manual will just provide the basic stuff. I don't know of any online, but you can find them on ebay sometimes.

A genuine service manual will have all the same info (plus a whole lot more) than the owners manual. The owners manual will just provide the basic stuff. I don't know of any online, but you can find them on ebay sometimes.

Thanks Travis, I need the BASIC stuff. I'm really starting from scratch. I can't even figure out how to open the seat. Ugh.

Yep then an owners manual is probably where you want to start. I don't know what year or bike you have, but most seats on these old yamahas open with the key. The key hole is usually near the back of the seat on the side and has a helmet latch on it. Turn the key and there should be a lever for the seat latch that you can then move. The seat will come up from the back or open on a hinge.

Thanks for the reply again Travis. I could feel your eyes rolling , but you didnt let it show in your response!

Hi
I have 81' XS400SE and I need service manual for my bike, but couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone have it or know where to get one? Or maybe I could use manual for a different model? Please help

Last edited:
Here is one for the 80 G/SG model.

Attachments

• DSC02526.jpg
    DSC02526.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 323
Manual uploaded on scribd is a complete factory service manual, so this is the most detailed and comprehensive manual that exists for sohc.

Status
Not open for further replies.