XS360, 400 service manuals attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentlemanjim

More Wrenchin than Ridin
Reaction score
I bought the service manuals for the XS360's and 400's on CD. They are attached for all to share.

Sorry they are too large to attach.

Travis,

- I'll PM yu for your email address and try and get them out that way. If still too large I'll burn a CD amd mail it.

- On the home page list Technical References - Manuals along with my Parts manual.

I'd be happy to email them to you. They are large files, not shure they will go. give me your email address and I'll try. I can mail you a CD if necessary.

volcomskater77, yes I have received manuals from a couple different members. I'm going to post them soon for members to download.. maybe in a members-only section.

Travis:

I have come across and saved many xs400 manuals, parts list etc if you need any to supplement what you have, I can get them to you some way.

I also have a Java based application that will list every part on the bike and tell me every other Yamaha that uses that same part. Very helpful for locating parts.

I also have a Java based application that will list every part on the bike and tell me every other Yamaha that uses that same part. Very helpful for locating parts.

now THAT would be useful

The parts interchange is the answer to the prayers of bike builders arond the world. The hours I have spent looing at differnt models and comparing part numbers was akiller.

Thanks so very much. Mucho Gracias!
:thumbsup:

Me too please... I always need parts and dont know what can fit what.... chickenone@mac.com
and also need a Manual for 81 xs400... and a new cam lol
and i have parts for sale as well... mirrors.. Starter..etc

Sorry guys... I've been slacking with these manuals. I'm out of town for Thanksgiving but I'll try to get them up asap when I get back.

The java application sounds interesting. Is it web-based or a stand alone application for your computer? Does it use a database? Is it anything like this: http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx

It's a stand alone application that runs off of a cd or copy the files to your PC and it will run much quicker. It pulls and compares the data from parts databases for the XJ and XS series of bikes and all their variants. I can pick a part from a completed printed parts list for any XJ or XS bike or look up a part number from the part diagrams and it will tell me the other bikes that also use that part.

Attached is a print out of the parts list for my XS400SG. In the application, I can double click on any part listed and it will tell me the other bikes that use that part.

It's simple to make a pdf of a parts list. So if any forum member needs a list of their model, I'd be happy to convert and email.

Attachments

• 1980 XS400SG Parts List.pdf
    84.1 KB · Views: 837
Here ya go. I did it as an attachment in lieu of emailing so others may benefit.

Attachments

• 1977 XS400D Parts List.pdf
    53.8 KB · Views: 861
Here ya go. I did it as an attachment in lieu of emailing so others may benefit.
Awesome!! Thanks cturek! That will no doubt help out in the future. Posting here instead of emailing was a much better idea. Hopefully other members can find it as useful as I do. Thanks again

I'd be happy to email them to you. They are large files, not shure they will go. give me your email address and I'll try. I can mail you a CD if necessary.

Could you PLEASE send them to me? I have an 83 xs400 and I need all the help I can get. I am a newbie, but I am having a blast. Love the site.

ruler7171, you should be able to find what you're looking for here http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4503
Hello,
Travis, I see these downloads in your link are the service manuals. Is there an owners manual available like this to download or are these links to the service manual the same thing that would have come with the bike as the owners manual?
I'm as new as it gets to motorcycling, but my '83 XS400 runs great, as it should with only 5900 miles on it, but I barely know how to replace the battery.
Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.