XS360 will not start

Fegelein Der GroBe

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey Y’all. Like the title, I have an Xs360 that has only started once in the last 30 years. On that day, I realized my stupid mistake and promptly fixed it. (Backwards wires) however, since then, I have not been able to get it to start for the life of me. It idled first kick when it worked, but then became sluggish and impossible to start again like previous attempts. I’ve messed with timing, getting it right on the mark, point gap, carbs many, many times, new plugs (they are not wet when attempting to start) it seems that my timing is off, as it backfires, even though I just got it correct.

Please help. I’m willing to provide video and photos if needed.

Attachments

• D375572D-F232-40C6-838F-1246E2828553.jpeg
    D375572D-F232-40C6-838F-1246E2828553.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 219
Check for spark. Make sure coils are wired correctly and are in spec.

Have you done a compression test on the motor? If the coils are wired backwards the motor will be 180* out of time.

I have not done a compression test. It does feel very low, but it’s still there. That was also the first issue I encountered with the 180 out of time. I swapped the wires and it ran just fine.

If you below 120 psi it will cause starting issues. If your valves are bad and not sealing it can cause backfires.

Back