For Sale - XS400/250 bike and parts UK-Scotland

nickso

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello folks due to heavy work load and general laziness I have decided to sell all of my XS stuff. Being realistic I don't think I will finish it any time soon.

I have a half done bobber project currently fitted with a rebuilt 250 engine and also a near complete but rough 400 parts bike which i planned to rebuild but never did cos i couldn't find any carbs for it.....not any carbs that they wanted to sell anyway.

The 250 project would probably best go as a complete bike but I will break if there's no interest in it as a whole. The 400 is already completely in bits and is probably best sold as parts. The 400 frame is rough as fook and would need to be totally overhauled for any sort of use. The 400 engine seems ok and did run at one point with 250 carbs bodged on temporarily but obviously not very well. The 250 engine runs good but the carbs need attention as always.....think I have a few carb sets for the 250. i have a good few sets of wheels both disc and drum in various states of repair from new looking to rough as fook.

The 250 frame has been cut at the rear and also notched for fuel tank fitment on one side. It's been stripped and powder coated and a few other alterations for the seat. Wiring loom is in "developmental" stages but is more or less complete for the bike it's on....I always planned to refurb/renew it. High rise bars are brand new as is the sportster copy tank, tap and seat. WHeels on the 250 have been refurbed by me and are pretty cool lookin even if I say so myself. Tyres are old but look good and I had no issues using them in the future till they ran out.

Erm there is probably loads more to say.....basically a complete 400 bike in bits....some more 400/250 bits and a half done 250 project....ask me for any details/pics and it shall be done ASAP. Pics of the bike itself are old but close to up to date.

Open to offers.

Cheers,

Nick.
20140512_161711.jpg
20140428_172243.jpg

shame that, I'm intested in the 400 engine for my project. being in bits is even better for for me as its less work ;)
PM me what you want for it

The 400 engine is not in bits mate. It's the bike thats in bits....the engine is still whole. :) As for value I haven't been looking at XS bits for a good while so have fook all idea what its worth. Make me an offer and I will be happy to sell or deeply offended and never reply to you again. :D

Hi I'm after some down pipes for my xs400 cafe racer would u have some or do u no if I can use any of any other xs models? Also if u no I fancy changing my back brake from a drum to disc would I need to get a new wheel of another model to do this?

Hi Nickso, is that 400 motor a SOHC, or a DOHC? As I'm looking for a DOHC replacemrnt motor. So if it is the DOHC 12E motor, I'll be interested in it! Have you any idea on a price you'd be asking? Merlin _/\_

Nickso I am looking for the emgine front and rear engine mounts. I have the top one. Can you help me. Thanks

Back