xs400 exhausts like rocking horse poop in the uk

Bobberstan86

fast and loud
Reaction score
the bike I got came without any pipes I've looked around and they're either REALLY expensive or in America therefore REALLY expensive! I don't like the stock design all that much anyway. Has anyone on here had custom ones made up in the UK or know of anyone that has? I would just like a rough estimate of price. And if someone knows the diameters and specifications off hand that would be helpfull,

cheers guys and girls

You can honestly just weld anything on that you want; it should be cheap. Universal exhaust pipes are not terribly expensive and many come with reducers to fit most common header sizes, but it will likely be one of the more expensive pieces you add to the bike if you spring for something new. Smaller shops tend to work better as large corporate places often take issue with any "custom" work.

Cheapest "new" option? Emgo shorty mufflers. I had them on at some point and I was able to clamp them on after I cut some reliefs in them. They can be re=packed with better fiberglass to improve the sound. They should be available in Europe.

I'm not at home, so I can't give dimensions.

I got a pair of cherry bombs off ebay pretty cheap and they came with adaptors to fit the XS. A good custom exhaust place should be able to knock up a couple of downpipes for you.

you need to trawl the bay for Motad 2 in 1 systems

I do have a nice set up in the loft for a rainy day, that I might be persuaded to part with.

other than that, a friend got down pipes made in wigan for £60 and used SITO exhausts if you wanted 1 in 1 set up.

just got it down,

silencer part is like brand new, no marks or scratches. The down pipes have blueing on the first bend as its single wall stainless and they all do that TBH

I have no head rings, those are the ones that push the pipes into the head, but you can still get them from Motad £3.99

http://www.motad.co.uk/spares.php?prod=Stainless+Steel+Head+Rings

And you will need to make a plate to connect the silencer to the frame unless I can find it in my box-o-bits

it is heavy at about 8 - 10kg.

PM me an offer as I don't think I will be using it

Attachments

• WP_20140302_001[1].jpg
    WP_20140302_001[1].jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 230
  • WP_20140302_002[1].jpg
    WP_20140302_002[1].jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 247
Yes was good to see you. Sorry I couldn't stick around for a cuppa. And YES, perfect tracker. Absolutely lovely. Exactly how I'd build one.

Back