Wanted - xs400 frame with title

i needed one for my 79 f2. i ended up getting 2 off ebay. usually they run about $200. say if you needed just a title. you could work that out w/ the seller. price will be the same but shipping should be less (no frame). if the seller doesnt want to go that route (both mine had no problem w/ deal). ask if he could cut the headstock(tell him your making a bobber) from the frame and mail w/ title. both times the seller said they didnt care what i did w/ the title. i have one from tenn. and one from wis. neither have the color nor the size of the m/c on them. just year and make. the s/n on the title wont match w/ the bikes. so if the law asks. you bought the whole bike off ebay and thought everything was legit.

try the 'all of craigs list'. type in yamaha xs 400 frame with title. i got the tenn one from some guy in the philly area. he had about a dozen frame/title listed. i dont have his phone #. keep tryin one will turn up

im trying to get one for a honda cb 650 right now. theres one for $250 on the CL. little pricey but i only paid $150 (i live in the hills w/ the hillbillies whom have yet to hear of CL or EB. they still put there items on the front lawn w/ a forsale sign on them)for the bike. still have somemore work to be done but shes coming along .

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 211
it had a king/queen seat, sissy bar,windshield, ape hangers, crash bar, all of which went in the trash(see pic). ive put on a chain($20), new battery($35), bars ($25), ig control mods($65)oil, plugs oil/gas filters. since the pic a new rear tire ($60), float bowl rubber o ring gaskets($10). ive got to put on the pod filters an oil cooler (off ebay)($60) a new aftermarket front brake master ($65)cyclinder.a new front tire is on the way. still needs a little more cleaning. took her a little while for her to start. shes been idle for years. too bad the wife wont let me have more than the 2 bikes cause i know were there are a honda ft 500? and a kawasaki csr 650 rusting away.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 204
Back