Wanted - xs400 Harness

Onetype

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I need a complete harness for an 81 xs400 that my buddy just picked up. The previous owner butchered his up pretty good. Let me know what you have, please. Thankyou.

i got one i may be getting rid of to do a rewire on my 80, whats it worth, i was gonna cut the connectors off and use em but if its worth somethin i may sell it to get better ones

Ya I read his thread about it, good stuff. This isn't my bike otherwise I would. Im not sure if my buddy has the capabilities to undertake something like that. I think he went ahead and ordered one off ebay.

and its really satisfying, the hard part is buying and ordering the stuff!

Amen to that... and honestly it doesn't have to be as fancy as you did either if someone were feeling insecure about the job... in reality you could just cut off a bunch of 5-6 foot lengths of 16 gauge wire, buy the connectors you need, and start replacing wires (cutting them shorter where need be) :laugh: and it would more than likely work (thoughts on that drew? :shrug:)... However, Drewpy's guide is all-inclusive and considerate of the individual types of wire that you need to match the connections of the original harness. I would be much more inclined to follow his example. :twocents:

Back