xschris's guitars

xschris

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
1967 western auto truetone guitar stock and original, another 67 truetone with a randy rhoads jackson neck fender bridge emg neck pickup and mid-80's distortion pickup at the bridge this was one of my first guitars I put together. Next is a stock mid-80's epiphone bass. Next is a 1986 dean-z autograph strat with a jackson j-80 distortion pickup at the bridge, this was my main guitar for many years. Next is another 1986 dean-z autograph guitar with a kent armstrong WMD motherbucker distortion pickup at the bridge, I pick this up off ebay last year for under $200:) Next is a mid-80's fernandes strat with duncan hot rails and emg select pickups. Next is a 1999 limited edition epiphone nuclear extreme les paul. I upgraded everything on this. The bridge, wiring, tuners, along with a bone nut and a seymour duncan jeff beck pickup on the neck and a kent armstrong ultra distortion pick up at the bridge. Hope that helps some of ya:wink2:

Last edited:
Nice stuff Chris! :thumbsup:

Bass-Gear:
-Yamaha RBX200 in red (my very first bass, already a yamaha fan back then)
-Fender Jazz USA '06 in 'shoreline gold'
-Fender Rumble 100 combo
-H&K Warp Distortion (guitar overdrive pedal)
-Boss Super Overdrive (same)
-Aguilar AG500SC (amp head)
-2x Aguilar GS112 (1x12" cabinets)

Guitar-Gear:
-Squier Stratocaster '98 (black)
-Nashville Semi-acoustic (western) guitar
-Alhambra 8c
-Fender Highway USA Stratocaster '00 (cream)
-Fender Bronco 15 watt practice amp
-Marlboro 30 watt guitar/bass/organ amp

collection:
2.jpg

favorite:
DSCF1479b.jpg

The behringer gmx212 50W combo amp Is a nice little amp with a lot of features. I run it through a bbe 482 sonic maximizer and a dbx 215. My bass amp is a acoustic b100. I have played and owned a lot of amps and I like this setup very well.

Last edited:
if you are referring to their low prices, you are correct: there is a similarity with the xs400.

But most of the Behringer stuff I tried sounded awful. No character, no depth. Nothing like an xs :) but I'm sure they also have some decent gear. If you wanna get something cheap but somewhat decent for your bass, you should get something like Ashdown, or Peavey. Easy to get a little stack for a decent price with those brands. But I never regret spending 7 weeks of a highschool summer working night shifts at a horrible production-line factory job to be able to afford my aguilar stuff. Some of the best money I ever spent (apart from buying the xs400 of course ;) )

Setting up old guitars for people is almost as maddening as these carbs are for the xs400:laugh: But with lots of work comes great rewards:thumbsup:

Setting up old guitars for people is almost as maddening as these carbs are for the xs400:laugh: But with lots of work comes great rewards:thumbsup:
My Maxim's PO installed a steel rear brake line so there is no sponginess from a rubber line expanding. He had long fingers.
On the other hand, I could barely reach it, never mind squeeze it, until someone showed me how to adjust the handle.

I always wished there was a handle which could be adjusted on a guitar so people with short stubby fingers could play like Clapton or Knopfler. I just could not play all the chord inversions or do high end runs worth a damn.

If I'd had longer fingers, I think I would have a lovely vintage Strat to show off to you guys. In the spring of 1967, before Hendriks set his on fire, I almost bought a brand new '67 Statocaster. It was on sale for $229. But those short stubby fingers just wouldn't reach deep enough into my wallet and I passed on it - much to my regret. It would have been nice to let my son (who is pretty good) borrow the '67 every once in a while.

Thought I'd add my small collection to the list. 1982 Yamaha acoustic (cant beat the sound of a well aged acoustic) sort of like an old bike. Epiphone (Gibson) SG. Fender acoustic/electric cut away. Hamer electric, cheep but has a nice sound. Should be playing more now the bike season is done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 303
QUOTE=xschris;120921]From left to right. 1967 western auto truetone guitar stock and original, another 67 truetone with a randy rhoads jackson neck fender bridge emg neck pickup and mid-80's distortion pickup at the bridge this was one of my first guitars I put together. Next is a stock mid-80's epiphone bass. Next is a 1986 dean-z autograph strat with a jackson j-80 distortion pickup at the bridge, this was my main guitar for many years. Next is another 1986 dean-z autograph guitar with a kent armstrong WMD motherbucker distortion pickup at the bridge, I pick this up off ebay last year for under $200:) Next is a mid-80's fernandes strat with duncan hot rails and emg select pickups. Next is a 1999 limited edition epiphone nuclear extreme les paul. I upgraded everything on this. The bridge, wiring, tuners, along with a bone nut and a seymour duncan jeff beck pickup on the neck and a kent armstrong ultra distortion pick up at the bridge. Last is my late 80's jay turser les paul style guitar. I started playing in 1991 have build, owned and sold a lot of guitars (30+) over the years and have played classical to heavy metal music. Hope that helps some of ya:wink2:[/QUOTE]

Now you've gone and done it. I guess I will have to whip mine out and take pix, my guitars I mean!

I don't have pics one me but i guess i'll toss up a list for those who may care :p

I am a bass player, so no guitar stuff here (although for a couple years i messed around with a fender tele and a small Vox AC4TV 10" tube combo. I miss the sound of that so much - for 250$ i reccomed it as a great all tube combo amp for home use)

Basses (current stable)
- 2010 Fender Road Word Precision
- 2009 Fender Highway One Jazz with Dimarzio pickups, and vintage stacked controls from an AVRI Jazz.
- Squire Bronco bass with mustang tuners, Fender VRI Precision bass controls, and a Gretsch Filtertron bass pickup (currently for sale)

Amps+Cabs
-Traynor YBA200-2 (currently for sale)
- Mesa Walkabout blackface
-(2)TC Electronic 2x12's
-TC Electonic 1x12

The only pedals i really use that are 'special' to me is a my Team Awesome Fuzz Machine by smallsound/bigsound - its AMAZING.

I have had SO many basses and other cabs and amps its been ridiculous, so if anyone has any questions chances are I have played and/or gigged with that gear/bass lol

Pics upon request haha

If you have a minute check out my band its reeallllly goood! Its a combination of a bluesy, rock, indie band you'll dig it. I'll even mail you a CD for free if you PM haha

https://www.facebook.com/FrontiersWindsor/app_178091127385

Back