1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted - 1979 XS250 Front Axle Holder

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Gee-chan, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Gee-chan

Gee-chan XS400 Member

So the front axle holder for my 1979 250 dropped off somewhere and it is my only form of transport, thus I am utterly stuck.

I looked online for the part, but can't find one, and I don't have enough knowledge on the matter to know which parts would be compatible.

No-one would happen to have one to sell would they? From a pair of knacked forks or something?
    Or heck, if someone could inform me which equivalent from a different model would fit, then that would be equally good (assuming I can find one...)

Thanks in advance.

2. xschris

xschris XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Find the part number and do a google search of the number. Then you will see all the bikes it was used on.:)

3. Gee-chan

Gee-chan XS400 Member

That was the first thing I did. All I get are sites saying that they don't have it in stock and that it is a redundant part.

The part number is: 1E7-23167-00

4. xschris

I think the xs360/400 used the same size axle there must be a lot of them around. Have you tried ebay?

5. Gee-chan

Gee-chan XS400 Member

Yes, I have and while I can find a few, I have no idea if those will fit as they use a different product code and do not list the XS250, 260 or 400.
    Plus, they are in the US while I'm in the UK so I would end up paying like £20 postage only to find out whether or not it is a compatible part.

6. xschris

Maybe one of the uk guys on here can help. I know there are a few.