aftermarket mirror blocks clutch lever

Jso123

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I picked up a low profile aftermarket mirror that mounts around the handle bar and tightens down to hold in place. If I put it inside the left grip, it prevents the clutch lever from fully compressing. The mirrors mounting hole will not fit over the hand grip end.... perhaps I need to extend the handlebar at the grip end by an inch and mount it on that. Any thoughts?

I've done just this on my build. I've got a flat style bar and bare it looks like I have tons of room. With all the switchgear and brakes and clutch the space disappeared quick so I actually added an inch of bar to each end from an old bar. Then cut the ends out of my grips so I could space them symmetrically.

you can laugh, but I bought a BBQ sauce mop with a tapered wood handle that I could make fit in the bar end, cut off about 2" and covered the 5/8" that extended with a piece of pipe. used a bit of gorilla glue and seems pretty dam secure. Wish I had welding equip / skills but this jury rig seems to work. And best of all, still got a new short handled BBQ mop.

Attachments

• NEW MIRROR.jpg
    NEW MIRROR.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 249
Back