All in ons gauge? Or how about this one?!

cody1awesome

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really digging the DCC unit but man, I'm hesitant to spend that much money. I might have to bite the bullet on this one. I was hoping to keep my build to 500 bucks or less because I paid 500 for the bike and 1000 is a nice round number. But I'm looking at 200 for a seat too, and those 2 items alone would put me nearly over.

I feel ya, man. I wanted the acewell for my build, too, but damn that price tag! I wouldn't kill your budget over it, though. Unless it's worth it to you. There's a reason you mainly see them on higher budget customs haha.

I would go for no gauges at all if I felt comfortable with it, but at the very least I would like a tach and a neutral light. I'm going to keep looking. I ordered some handlebars and the controls don't fit right, so I'm going to be doing away with a lot of it and switch to some toggles instead.

Be sure to check your laws, all that apply to you from municipal to federal and everything in between. Otherwise you may be in for a rude surprise at the next inspection or title change (whatever...). I know that where I am, only a school bus is required by law to have a speedometer. But all road vehicles are required to have an odometer. And if the odometer is changed, the previous reading must be recorded.

I've been seriously considering a Vapour instrument package from Trailtech.net with the optional indicator light surround. But that is probably more instrument than you want.

Toggle switches and motorcycles don't work well together. Rocker switches absolutely, but toggle switches tend to break. Or stab when you hit them...

I have the one from first post (mine is black), and i am satsfied with it. Good quality and all lights i need. I recomend

Back