Anyone use "Sigma6" jetting kit?

Stabler

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Just got a jetting kit from Sigma6. I've put in the main jet and moved the needle accordingly.
Now the instructions states that I should sync my carbs. I've built the tube thingy so that I can sync my carbs. The thing is - where's the frekkin' mixture screw? I've got the schematics and where it should be - it isn't. Or is it?

I've also got this drill and screw in my jetting kit from Sigma6 - and can't figure out what to use 'em for? Any ideas?
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7156/6716163563_3e6296439c.jpg

All help is very appreciated.

Thanks, Stabler.

Air/fuel mixture is recessed on the top of the inlet side of the carb. Yours might be hidden behind a cover plug which you'll need to pull out.

Ok? Thanks Charles, but do you got any picture of that? Just so I know what cover to pull?

It's on the top of the carb nearest to the filter end of the carb. In my opinion,the "kit you're talking about is not a great deal,as you can buy the separate components much cheaper[drill bit and screw]at a shop or online.I got one and despite many descriptions,they sent me the instructions on the wrong carb[3 times. lha

Go figure.. Just my luck. Although I didn't pay that much. But thanks for the info on the mixture screw, I'll try and locate it tonight.

Stabler

you don't use the mix screw to sync the carbs, you use the single screw between the carbs towards the front. this moves the carb butterflys independantly of each other.

Yeah,it's not a terrible lot of money,but anyone can buy jets,and especially drill bits and screws,and any information you need can be found here on the best site on the net.If you ned to know anything,post it and you'll get plenty from Drewpy and others[not that others don't have info,just that he comes to mind].I have manuals and lots of info on all years although I have a'82 seca,I've saved all the manuals that I can,as I'm intending to rebuild these bikes and dirt bikes for my Daughters college money. Keep the posts coming.Oh yeah,set the mixture screws to 3 turns out,and work from there. lha

Back