Bobber Wiring Diagram - Blowing fuses

Campbell45

Penny Pincher
Reaction score
Hey guys haven't been on here in quiet awhile but starting finish the bike so back into the forum worlds I go.

Anyway I've drawn up a simple wiring diagram that I used on my bobber. You guys are free to use it. I'm having a problem with blowing fuses on the low beam circuit. I do not think its the wiring diagram's fault but a short to ground somewhere from my own doing.

Here is my problem. When I wired up the bike I wired up the headlight circuit up first without the daytime running tail lamp. everything was working fine, I could switch from hi to low with no problems. My hi - low switch is a 3 prong switch. After it was working correctly I wired up the tail lamp. To give the tail lamp power I ran a wire from the middle prong on the switch to the tail lamp. Then grounded the tail lamp on an engine bolt. My high beam works fine but as soon as I switch to low I blow a fuse, thus no power to anything.

My guess is I've got a short to ground, I've just been lazy to start diagnosing so I posted this up with a complimentary wiring diagram :bike:

What do you guys think?

KSCN0002.jpg

From looking at your diagram. When you turn the key on the tail light and gauge lights come on. With the dimmer switch in low beram the headlight low beam should light up, then switch to high beam the high beam should light up.
Now if this isn't what happens the the short is in your dimmer switch.
Leo

Back