Buy an old bike without a title and get a title with ease

insure the bike(after doing a vin check to make sure it's not stolen)then go online and print up the Vermont out of state registration papers.with a bill of sale.then transfer to the state ya live in.pretty much as it states.

Awesome. thanks for the reply. im going to give this a shot in a couple weeks. Ill let everyone know how it goes. fingers crossed!

My Brother has used it twice. That last one was last year I believe.
Pete was this last one your brother did for a NY title?

My question would also be what if the bike you are trying to do this for was last titled in New York and you try to run this process to get another title in New York?

The XS400 I might want to try this with was last titled in NY back in 1999. Not sure when it was last registered for the road but don't think it was very long after that.

You go through the process and they issue you a Vt. plate and title. You can ride on those if you chose-he does, or you can then register it in NY and get a NY title issued for it. Unless there is something fishy with the bike getting re-registered in NY like....I don't know....missing from its original owner without his permission and it has been reported. Yes both of his bikes are in NY and say that on the Vt.
registration.

I went this route with my bike last year. I got the bike insured first and then took pictures of the VINs on engine and frame before sending the paperwork. Cost under $100 and the person I talked to one the phone (VT DMV) was very friendly and laid every step out for me.

Back