Fuel line in wrong side of carbs?

iglehart332

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I got another carb question. Ok so the previous owner is an idiot as I specified in my previous thread. He had the fuel line going into the right side of the carbs instead of the left like usual. So I go to change it over and the left side is all striped out. The banjo bolt just spins in the hole. Also on the right side where the fuel line attaches their is a bolt capping off the hole. Now, I have a spare set of carb bodies that I can swap out and put the line on the correct side, but my question is.. Is their supposed supposed to be this bolt capping off the other side. I see nothing like this in the manual and iv been trying look at pics of ur guys bikes to see but cant make it out.

Thanks guys, Paul

I would agree with drew. These carbs where used for many different bikes some with 4 carb setups. They would not be hard to run a right side fuel line if the left was buggered up. Post some pics of it if you could.

Ok heres some pics

IMG_1040.jpg

Yea it looks like a regular hardware store bolt

IMG_1041.jpg

Heres the right side of the bike

My question is when I put the new bodies in.. do I just leave the right side blank
like it looks here?
IMG_1042.jpg

This has me confused

The boss where your fuel line is going on the right has been drilled out. The new bodies should have a boss there that is just solid, and blanked off. Leave it that way. Fuel should flow in the left, through the crossover between the carbs and to the right.

Well scratch that I just broke one of these float tabs off the new bodies :doh:
Can you guys see any problems I would run into running the fuel line to the right side like it is currently on the bike ?
or I guess I could JB weld the float tab back on. I'm open to suggestions

IMG_1045.jpg

Running your carbs with the gas line going in the right would be fine. As long as they are still joined in the middle still.

Last edited:
Back