Good Luck charms and Superstitions

16VGTIDave

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard that there are people who have "Good Luck" charms on their bikes, or have superstitions regarding riding a bike. When I started riding, I was given a small bell to hang on my bike that is supposed to scare away "road gremlins". I've been told that it has to be a gift to work. Buying one for yourself is supposed to be bad luck. Do you have a good luck charm on your bike?

I've also hear that some people will only mount or dis-mount their bike from the left side. Or that they will only park their bike with the front wheel pointed to the right. Do you have any such superstitions?

Tell us about your good luck charms and/or superstitions!

Hemm Interesting topic Dave I dont know if i have any superstitions about riding my bike or good luck charms.I have a superstition about riding in all vehicles though and thats black cats.
I havent road it enough to know if theres any good luck charms but religiously I know that I have a guardian angel which yes I beleive in angels.If you knew everything I have beenthrough in my life you would understand why i beleive in them.To make a long story short i have survived many things that would taken most people to their graves.

My personal relationship with my bike it will bring me satisfaction after all the hard work and sweat i put in this thing and it becomes a dependable machine that i hope to get many hours of fun with.

I know this thread is a little old, however it fits. On the other forum I belong to we did a Guardian bell giveaway chain. We set a time frame like say a month. Anyone who wanted a bell would put their name in the thread before time ran out. Now the fun part. The chain. The first person to put their name in buys a bell for the next person in line, then sends it to them. Second person in line buys for the third person and so on and so on. The last person to add their name to the list buys for the first person on the list. I think we did a list for different countries so shipping wasn't scary. We also ask the person we where buying for input on bell design or theme. Like post a link to one you like or such. It had a great turn out and you get a bell you like. If this is against any forum rules of course we can't do it. So...what do you all think? I will even put my name in the "pot" first. If there is interest we can hammer out any other details.

1.Darkmidknightwarrior

Well I need a good luck charm just to be able to get mine started so I can ride again,this crap is killing me,I see veryone else riding on their bikes.WTF is mine doing sitting in the garage with a dam demon that wont let start.What we do about that?and i hope the other forum the members arent so tight lipped that you feel you have yank teeth out just to get answer:banghead::wtf::mad:

Last edited:
Back