Hello from SoCal

core attitude

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Just a quick intro.................I just picked up a 1978 xs400 project for myself. I've been looking for a lane splitter for awhile and this should work just fine. The bike is in fair condition but I can see myself spending a fair amount of time with tools in my hand..it's the nature of the beast.

If there are other members it the SoCal area it would be good to know. Sometimes knowledge is best shared in person, and riding with like minded owners / builders is great too.

Thanks for the welcomes!

welcome! lol and do you have any pics of it? what are your plans? stock, modified, street fighter etc...
im gonna be in so cal in june actually. would love to see it if schedules allow. ill be there for three weeks so that shouldnt be a problem. lol
but anyways welcome to the forum. looking forward to seeing what this thing looks like/ whats gonna be done to it

welcome core! its funny that you mentioned lane splitting. i moved to texas not long ago from venice, here they dont know much about the lane splitting. i wonder where else you can split lanes besides cali. sure miss that... i was doing it on a rc51 1000 plenty of times i almost ended myself. im older now, so im sure i wouldnt hit it as hard. i love the style of the older 400's myself. any plans?

I'm older now too so most of my lane splitting will consist of sliding up to the front of the line at red lights. This will mostly be a putter to run around my local area and runs to the beach, coffee shop, store etc. It should work just fine for that stuff.

Style wise I'm looking at doing it somewhat brat style but only time and $ will tell. :)
Pete

Thanks for the welcome! I'm a full time student again, so my goal is low buck. I'm sourcing all my parts now and will post a pic as soon as I get out to where it is staying during the intital build phase.

Back