Hello from Western Australia

Mizer

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this forum while looking for information, WOW what a great find :thumbsup:

I have just secured a 1981 XS400 and intend to go down the Bobber path. :bike:

Once she is ready for the strip down I will start my build thread and more than likely call on the brain trust many times for some help when those spanner throwing moments arise.

Mizer

Last edited:
As requested
Barron-2b.jpg

Barron-2a.jpg

welcome along.. your side pic is that you on an SP1?

SO ARE YOU SWAMPED WITH ALL THE MINERS PUSHING UP PRICES OUT THERE?

Yes that is me on the SP1 (RC51) at a local track day, love the bike and have owned it since near new (got her with only 1500km on the clock 10 years ago) it’s an awesome bike and I will never sell it.

Yes the mining industry is gangbusters over here and largely affects the price of everything. I actually work in sales suppling the giant size earthmover tyres to the mining sector, unfortunately this does not mean I earn big $$$$ (even tho you think it would)

so do you have an inner tube from one as a 10 seat sofa?..lol

mates just come back from Perth and couldnt believe the prices.. even beer was extortionate..the mrs has been a few times and would love to live out there but probably over the east side qld nerang way ..

sp1 lovely bike ..they make that lovely noise form the cam gears my mates got a minter..i ride an RSV mille myself,..love the v-twins cant beat them

good luck with the bobber build..is this to slow you down?

G-day,mate,nice bike to begin with.Very important,as it's easier to fix one that's already in good shape.Does it run?If so how good? That's important unless you want to spend a fortune fixing the motor to run. lha

Welcome Mizer, Looking forward to watching your build. I have gained a great deal of knowledge from these guys in a very short time. Enjoy-

Thank you to everyone for their comments.

Bike is in good condition and is a runner, it’s licensed on club plates and was owned by a 60 year old guy that used it for club runs with the intention to restore.

He races in the local vintage motocross club and has been told to get rid of some of his bikes (by the cook) so he is selling about 6 bikes all up (this was the only road bike)

Motor is sound and runs with no problems tho me being a fussy bugger will strip it down for a look, as I want a reliable bike and don’t want to invest a large amount of time now only to have to pull the motor out latter.

The bike is still up at his property and I will be picking it up in about 3 weeks.......................wooooooo hooooo cant wait.

Thank you to everyone for their comments.

Bike is in good condition and is a runner, it’s licensed on club plates and was owned by a 60 year old guy that used it for club runs with the intention to restore.

He races in the local vintage motocross club and has been told to get rid of some of his bikes (by the cook) so he is selling about 6 bikes all up (this was the only road bike)

Motor is sound and runs with no problems tho me being a fussy bugger will strip it down for a look, as I want a reliable bike and don’t want to invest a large amount of time now only to have to pull the motor out latter.

The bike is still up at his property and I will be picking it up in about 3 weeks.......................wooooooo hooooo cant wait.
Some of us old men can put a bike through their paces!!!!So don't think it's been babyied!!!!!! just kidding,but we old farts tend to take better care of a machine.IMHO lha

Back