XS400 Member
Reaction score
Is this my oil sight?
full

Is this where my oil filter goes?
full

Is the nut thing my oil drain?
full

:bike: I have got my bike running and taken it out on the street now. It was a VERY short ride.
A few days later, I started it up and it would run until I gave it gas to take off.
Today, I started it again with the intention of adding gas and letting it run through to clear the gas that had been sitting in it. However, there was a bit of a knock sound so I killed it. Got my dad out there and it would just turn over and not start. Even after adding some gas. Now I'm supposed to be somewhere, but I'm posting first.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Download and read the service manual. You can find it in the sticky posts at the top of the garage. DOHC. The manuals are for the Seca, but close enough for most things.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Download and read the service manual. You can find it in the sticky posts at the top of the garage. DOHC. The manuals are for the Seca, but close enough for most things.
Thanks! Now I can drain my oil and put some fresh stuff in there. This bike sat for two months and has sat more than been driven for the 3 weeks I've had it. However, I've changed the spark plugs, worked on the fuses, and learned that my wiring/cables have been run wrong.

Glad to help! Make sure the oil you use is rated "JASO MA" otherwise it could contaminate your clutch and cause slipping. There are plenty of threads here , and elsewhere on the Internet, discussing oil.

Back