Honda guy saying hi

RobbyD

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to be honest and say I'm a Honda guy, my first and only rideable bike so far was my cb550 cafe but....that bike got sold last octobober, had a couple kz400s I did nothing with then picked up a xs400 today.

I've liked the xs's since my last build and debated ditching my cb550 and buying one but didn't. I stumbled upon a xs400 today for 400 and couldn't pass it up and can't wait to build it. It will be done the same colors as my cb550 I built below

Here's the xs I picked up today

My cb550 I built and sold

Last edited:
Lol yeah I didn't think out the rear set position as much as I should have. After I realized the location sucked, the frame was already powdercoated...

That bike taught me a lot both good and bad

This xs will be a lot slower of a build. I got my self into trouble with that cb, parts started flying in and started putting money into i didn't have.

I don't think any make pretty should be done till after the bike is built and ridden for a year. Then after you correct any mistakes, then ride it some more till you get it right. Then tear it down for make pretty.
Leo

Yep, you live and learn man.

This xs won't get ridden as is for a year. I bought this bike with the intentions of it being a project and to become a cafe bike. i know this time to do a complete mock up before the full tare down begins.

I really wish on my last bike I would have fabbed up mounting brackets a little further forward but it was a bolt on kit, linkage pre made for the position they were in so I just rocked it and they actually weren't to bad.

Last edited:
Back